Clinical Calculations: With Applications to General and Specialty Areas
- 1581 downloads at 34 mb/s
- 1785 downloads at 32 mb/s
Size PDF book: 1785 kb
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Covering all four major drug calculation methods, this resource makes it easy to learn and apply drug calculations used in nursing practice today. Clear explanations of ratio & proportion, formula, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis allow you to choose the method that works best for you. A variety of realistic practice problems cover specialty areas and lifespan issues including pediatric, critical care, labor and delivery, and community settings.
- Specialty areas and lifespan issues are addressed with drug calculation problems on pediatrics, critical care, pediatric critical care, labor and delivery, and the community setting.
- All four major drug calculation methods are included - ratio & proportion, formula, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis - allowing you to choose the method that works best for you.
- Caution boxes provide safety alerts for various medications and their administration.
- Coverage of the latest drug administration techniques and devices includes detailed explanations of oral, intravenous, intra-muscular, subcutaneous and other routes used in drug administration.
- A comprehensive post-test allows you to test your knowledge of all major topics covered in the text.
- Updated and easier to use, a companion CD supports the book with realistic exercises, 565 practice problems, and a comprehensive post-test.
- Useful appendices include step-by-step guidelines for the administration of oral, injectable, and intravenous medications, along with at-a-glance access to the BSA Nomogram for Adults and the West Nomogram for Infants and Children.
- Guidelines set by The Joint Commission are followed, helping you to reduce medication errors and increase patient safety by using only the recommended abbreviations, acronyms, and symbols.
- Calculations now address obese and debilitated patients by including Body Mass Index (BMI), Ideal Body Weight (IBW), and Adjusted Body Weight (ABW) methods of calculation.
- Updated coverage of Pediatric Critical Care and Labor and Delivery reflects current parameters and guidelines for practice.
- Coverage of hydration replacement shows how to determine the fluid needs of adults and the elderly.
- Coverage of administering medication and medication solutions in the home prepares you for care of patients in home health care settings.
- Coverage of calculating BMI with standard criteria helps you assess a patient's overall health and measure obesity.
- Updated drug labels, illustrations, and photos of pumps and IV equipment reflect the latest drugs and technology used in the market.
Format: odf, lit, fb2, ibooks, mobi, cb7, azf
Publisher: W B Saunders Co (March 1, 1988)
Subcategory: Medicine & Health Sciences
Title: Clinical Calculations: With Applications to General and Specialty Areas