Design for Learning in Virtual Worlds (Interdisciplinary Approaches to Educational Technology) by Brian C. Nelson
- 1741 downloads at 34 mb/s
Size PDF book: 1254 kb
Design for Learning in Virtual Worlds, the first book focused specifically on how to design virtual worlds for educational purposes, explores:
• the history and evolution of virtual worlds
• the theories behind the use of virtual worlds for learning
• the design of curricula in virtual worlds
• design guidelines for elements experienced in virtual worlds that support learning
• design guidelines for learning quests and activities in virtual worlds.
The authors also examine the theories and associated design principles used to create embedded assessments in virtual worlds. Finally, a framework and methodology is provided to assist professionals in evaluating "off-the-shelf" virtual worlds for use in educational and training settings. Design for Learning in Virtual Worlds will be invaluable both as a professional resource and as a textbook for courses within Educational Technology, Learning Sciences, and Library Media programs that focus on gaming or online learning environments.
Format: odf, lit, fb2, ibooks, mobi, cb7, azf
Publisher: Routledge; 1 edition (March 10, 2012)
Subcategory: Schools & Teaching
Title: Design for Learning in Virtual Worlds (Interdisciplinary Approaches to Educational Technology)